Sunday, June 6, 2010

MDWR, Part 2, Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Little Rodeo


And for those too little to ride the big boy animals, there are the calves and sheep.


Mooooo... Ma-a-a-a-a-ma? What a-a-a-a-a-am I doing?

Junior, son, just run. Run as fast as you can out of that chute. And it'll be over before you know it.








See that? That's my boy on the calf!




Cowboy Jeremiah giving some encouraging words.




And once you're a veteran at calf riding, you have every right to talk like a cowgirl.

You bet it hurt when I hit the ground. Just get up and brush yourself off.




Remember, hang on tight with your legs, and for goodness sake, let go when you start slipping off! That way the calf doesn't drag you and step on you like he did to me. Yup, it REALLY hurt, but I'm fine.




No Momma, I don't need my face wiped. I'm a big boy.




And I wanna get in that arena, gosh darn it!

So of course, the rodeo committee made sure there was something for every cowboy and cowgirl to do.


City slickers...




Fashionably dressed cowgirls...




Underdressed cowboys...




Little cowboys who want to play in the big boy games...




I'm gonna win this race if it means I have to start before the gun goes off!







Rodeo Queen Montana Taylor giving out ribbons.


For those kids who just want to play, there's the calf and the chicken races, where each animal is set free in the arena separately, and the kids catch them. There is a money bill tied to the calf's tail, and to the chicken's leg.






But with the chicken, the catcher gets to take the bird home.



Says a parent to another, "I hope my kid doesn't win this one..."

Says the other parent to the first, "I told mine I'll give him a bonus on his allowance this week if he let's someone else catch the chicken."

Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment